Clinic & Online Sessions
All consultations, sessions, payments and contact, are subject to these terms and conditions.
If you are attending sessions at the clinic, you will receive a copy of the Client Agreement to sign at your first session. For online sessions, you will receive an email with further instructions regarding the Client Agreement.
Free Initial Consultation
You may be offered a free 20 minute online initial consultation via Zoom. The duration of the consultation will be limited to 20 minutes and no therapy will be provided during the consultation. Free initial consultations are online only and are not available at the clinic.
Online Initial Consultation: A deposit of £40 is payable online to confirm all online initial consultations. The deposit is payable at least 24 hours before the scheduled start time in order to confirm the appointment booking. If the deposit is not paid at least 24 hours before the consultation start time, the appointment will be cancelled and may be offered to someone else.
Therapy Sessions (Clinic & Online): If you do not require an online consultation before booking your first therapy session, a deposit of £40 is payable online within 48 hours of booking your first therapy session in order to confirm the booking. Where the deposit is not paid within 48 hours of booking, the appointment will be cancelled and may be offered to someone else.
Deposit Refunds: The deposit is in addition to any therapy fees and will be refunded at or following your final session, providing at least 48 hours’ notice has been given for any session cancellations and there have been no instances of non-attendance at sessions without 48 hours’ prior notice.
If you do not wish to proceed with therapy sessions following an online initial consultation, the deposit will be refunded, providing that the consultation has been attended.
The standard therapy session fees are as follows, unless otherwise stated:
Therapy sessions (clinic and online): £80 per session
Fees for therapy programmes will be notified separately as required.
Payment for Sessions
Clinic Sessions: Payment for clinic sessions can be made via credit/debit card, Paypal or cash at the end of your session. Cheques cannot be accepted.
Online Sessions: Payment for online sessions must be made at least 24 hours’ before the scheduled session start time and can be made online via credit/debit card or Paypal. Where payment is not received 24 hours’ before your session, the session will be cancelled and may be offered to someone else. It is your responsibility to pay the session fees before each scheduled session in order to confirm the appointment booking.
Cancelling & Re-scheduling of Sessions
Considerable time is spent preparing for each client session. If you need to cancel or re-schedule a session, please provide as much notice as possible.
Sessions cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice or non-attendance at sessions without prior notice, will result in your deposit not being refunded. Where this occurs, a new deposit payment will be payable if further therapy sessions are required.
Unless otherwise stated, the duration of sessions is approximately 50 to 60 minutes. Your first session may be slightly longer and last approximately 60 to 90 minutes.
I do not send appointment reminders, therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that any session deposits and/or fees are paid on time and that you attend your sessions at the correct time. When you book a session, you will receive confirmation of your session details via email, appointment card, phone call and/or text message as appropriate.
Session fees are for the therapist’s time and are not a guarantee of a successful outcome. Therefore, no refunds will be given for any sessions where you have attended and paid for the session.
Where a discount package or therapy programme has been booked and paid for in advance, if you choose to discontinue your therapy process before attending all the sessions, a pro rata refund will be issued after deduction of the full standard session fee for any sessions you have attended.
Contact Between Sessions
Any contact between sessions will be by telephone, email or letter during office hours only (Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm and Saturday 9.00am to 3.00pm). Any messages received outside of these hours will be dealt with during office hours only.
You must be at least 16 years old to participate in online sessions. Clients under the age of 16 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and will be seen at the clinic only.
Other Medical or Psychological Treatment
If you are receiving care or treatment from any medical, healthcare or therapy practitioner, e.g. GP, Psychologist, Psychiatrist or Counsellor, you may be asked to seek their permission before any therapy sessions can commence.
Attending your sessions
Please ensure that you are available at your session start time. If you are running late, please let me know as soon as possible. I will do my best to make a full session available, however as the ability to do this will depend on bookings subsequent to your session, this cannot be guaranteed.
As an Accredited Member of The National Hypnotherapy Society, I receive regular supervision in line with the Society’s policy and guidance in order to maintain standards and promote best practice. Supervision sessions may involve discussion of client histories and/or details of sessions. Where this applies, your identity will not be disclosed and your confidentiality will be maintained at all times, except in the circumstances described in the confidentiality section of this agreement.
All contact, including sessions, telephone conversations and emails, will be conducted in confidence and may be recorded. Prior to any recording, your agreement will be sought. All recordings, conversations and notes will remain confidential, except in the following circumstances:
- Where you give permission for confidentiality to be broken
- Where the therapist is compelled by a court of law
- Where the information is of a nature that confidentiality cannot be maintained, for example:
- The possibility of harm to yourself or others exists
- In cases of fraud or crime
- When minors (under 18 years old) are involved
- Where a referring GP or other healthcare professional requires a report. A copy of the report will be available on request.
Hypnotherapy Audio Recordings
Hypnotherapy MP3 recordings should not be listened to whilst driving, operating machinery or undertaking any other activity where concentration is required. Any MP3 recording provided is for your personal use only and must not be shared, lent, copied or sold under any circumstances.
Concerns & Complaints
If you have a concern or complaint regarding your therapy, please discuss this with myself in the first instance and I will endeavour to resolve the issue. In the unlikely event that your issue is not resolved, you can also access the National Hypnotherapy Society’s complaints procedure, details of which are published on their website.
The agreement to work on the issues presented by you, in no way implies or guarantees the resolution of your presenting issue(s). However, I will endeavour to use my best efforts and skills to work towards your therapeutic goals.
Standards of Behaviour
During the course of any therapy sessions, I will treat you with respect and not abuse the trust you place in me. I will use best practice at all times in our mutual interest. In return, you undertake not to harm yourself, or any other person, including me, or any property belonging to either me or any other person.
You agree not to attend sessions under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs, except those medications which have been prescribed by your doctor. If you do attend any sessions under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs, or demonstrate violent or abusive behaviour, I will cancel the session and may refuse to see you for any further therapy sessions.
Covid-19 & Other Health Related Issues
When attending sessions at the clinic, any infection prevention and control procedures which may be in place to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 or other viruses must be followed. If you do not agree with or are unable to follow the clinic procedures for whatever reason, unfortunately I will be unable to offer you a clinic appointment and an online appointment may be offered instead where appropriate.
By attending sessions at the clinic, you understand that whilst every precaution has been taken to minimise the risk to clinic staff, practitioners and clients of catching or transmitting COVID-19 or other viruses, this risk cannot be completely eliminated.
By signing the Client Agreement, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Client Agreement. You also agree with the statements below:
- I confirm that I have been advised by Vicki Crane of the scope of the therapies that she provides and give my full consent to receiving therapy sessions from Vicki Crane.
- I understand that results may vary from person to person and the agreement by Vicki Crane to work on the issues or problems presented by me, using whatever therapies are appropriate to my situation, in no way implies or guarantees the resolution of any presenting problems or issues.
- I understand that hypnotherapy or any other therapy or information provided by Vicki Crane either in person or via telephone, email or internet, is not a replacement or substitute for medical, psychological or psychiatric treatment. If I have any doubts or concerns about my health, I will seek advice from an appropriate qualified healthcare professional.
- I declare that, if advised by Vicki Crane prior to or following any therapy sessions, to seek medical approval, I will consult with my GP, hospital consultant and/or other healthcare professional and gain the appropriate written approval for Vicki Crane prior to the next therapy session.
- I have been advised that I am free to terminate any or all sessions at any time.
- I understand that my level of motivation is vital in the therapy process and I agree to participate to the best of my ability at all times, including making reasonable use of therapeutic suggestions during and between sessions, as well as listening to MP3 recordings and/or carrying out other therapeutic tasks as appropriate.
- I have accurately and truthfully answered any questions and provided background information during the initial consultation and/or first therapy session and will continue to do so during any subsequent therapy sessions.